Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Party!

The day started out with two happy beautiful girls.......

Today was the Easter party at the girls school. Since I had not ever gone to one of their parties at school (in fear that they couldn't handle me being there and then leaving) I decided that today I would go and take pictures at their Easter Egg Hunt!! Good Idea right??


Well, I dropped them off at school and the teacher told me that they would start the hunt at 10am, so I went to starbucks and waited for the party. Then at 1o I headed back to the school and strolled into the girls room. They were very happy to see me. I immediately told them that I was there to take pictures of their hunt/party. Amelia immediately began to get cautious. She hung very close to me. All of the children lined up to go outside and she hesitantly lined up too. Isabella on the other hand did not care that I was there. She basically ignored me.




So when the teacher gave the word for the hunt to begin, all of the children scattered about picking up eggs. Amelia cautiously watched me taking pictures. So I said, "come on Amelia, get the eggs and put them in your bag". She just kept walking around with a 'poutty' face. So her teacher helped her..and then came the tears. So I put the camera down and talked to her, she said nothing, just kept crying. So I continued to take other children's, and Bella's pictures while Amelia stayed by my side. Not sobbing, just sad face and tears.





So the teacher lined up the children for a group photo and of course the kids were wild. But Amelia cooperated. I took a million because at no time were all of the children looking my way. After about 3 mins of shooting, the tears reappeared. So then the class went inside and Amelia continued to sulk. There was a breif moment where she said her 'eyes hurt" and Bella overheard her telling me that and she then said "my eyes hurt too mommy". So I went over and kissed her eyes and that was the end of it for her.

Amelia is all the way to the left, and Isabella is all the way to the right...
now check out Amelia in the photo above....

more crying...

the attitude comes out....




but wait...I get a cookie??

The kids all washed their hands and had cookies for a snack. Reluctantly Amelia joined the group and sat to eat her cookie. She appeared to be coming around. She asked me 'so where are you going now mommy?" I told her that I was going to work and I would be back. Then she smiled and said "I will see you later".


So, in short I ruined her Easter party at school with my effort to take some pictures. I guess that will be my last party appearance for a while!

No comments: