Saturday, September 5, 2009

SPLASHTOWN!!

We decided to have a family day today and checkout a local waterpark that we have never been to. Actually, a very sweet coworker of Brad's gave him some tickets, so we thought we would check out Splashtown. I have to admit..I am NOT a fan of waterparks and had serious doubts about taking 2 Three year olds to one. BUT..we had a FABULOUS time. It was not crowded at all (which is one reason I hate them) and the kid area was perfect for the girls. Even daddy got into the waterpark mode..and broke away to hop on a slide or two. But I have to say that the girls favorite part of the park was the wave pool (I would NEVER have guessed they would love it). Then after a few hours in the sun...we headed home to change our clothes and eat some left over gumbo (it is always better the second day)...then we headed out again for a classic car show and some 'bessert"...as a reward for their wonderful behavior today. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family and great family days like today!!




This is Brad coming down the slide...you may have to click on it to see him!


The girls posed and said "Take our picture mom"...






a rare mommy shot!


at the car show...(I made Amelia put her hand on the car to take a pic...and Brad almost had a heartattack saying.."You don't touch the cars!!!"..who knew??

No comments: