Wednesday, April 28, 2010

just being...

lately I have been really focused on the fact that my little girls are not so little. I mean, they are growing up so fast and I have already told them that they are not allowed to turn 4!..to which they protest! I have heard the cliche' for years, but I feel like I am really enjoying this stage and don't want it to end (most days :o) We have been watching home movies lately from when they were babies, and I realize that I was so overwhelmed, that I didn't get to truely enjoy their infancy or early toddler years. Maybe this is why people want to have more babies, because first time mommies are so overwhelmed they miss the first few years. So now I look at each day as precious and I try to look at my children for where they are in their innocent little lives. Amelia has requested that she go back to being a baby because she doesn't remember it. And Isabella has declared the babydoll that Grandma gave her for Christmas as MY child. She will bring me the baby and say "mommy, your baby is crying. Would you like me to feed her for you?". To which I say, 'oh no, mommy doesn't have babies, no more diapers for mommy". So for now I will just continue to just enjoy my 'luv bugs' and try to remember that tomorrow is not guarenteed!....

thanks for letting me ramble....



No comments: