Tuesday, June 8, 2010

BIG reflections

35 weeks pregnant



As I am making the preparations for the girls 4th birthday party I sit and reflect on how much my life has changed and how I could have NEVER guessed what parenting would feel like. There is a book or saying that goes something like "i was a much better parent before I had children".. and I reflect on this often as each day I strive to be the best person to these two little angels but how difficult it can sometimes be. I thought I had all of the answers, but the problem is, I don't have all of the questions. My girls seem to amaze me with their curiosity of the world and how it works. How do I teach them about life but leave out the 'bad parts'? How do I handle the stress of being a mommy (24/7..no days off or breaks) and still be a positive role model? How can I pick up ONE MORE TOY and stay mad at these little faces when they just giggle at me when I am fussing them?
Here are somethings I didn't know about mommying...
...your brain turns to mush..and you can't remember ANYTHING...
...your belly turns to mush, and you don't really care...
....you will no longer pee alone or bathe alone
....teaching a child to swing on a swing set will be very difficult
....i won't be perfect
....neither will my children
.....and I am not a cute pregnant woman
.....and I can finally say I understand why my parents said things like "because I said so"

I thank God each day for these 2 little blessings whom I love so much and make me one proud and happy momma! I pray that I enjoy each day and each stage no matter how difficult. I pray that God gives me the wisdom to teach these girls to be kind and loving and independant little women.
I am looking forward to another wonderful year with my 2 sweetpeas!


the first of many changes of becoming a mommy!

2 comments:

NIKKI said...

How beautifully said Hope!

melda said...

Beautiful commentary-it really touched me