The girls 4 year well check started out very well. They 'are growing beautifuly' as the Dr. put it. We told the girls that they would be getting shots at this visit. Amelia had a very hard time with this. Hind sight, I should not have mentioned it, because it gave her alot of anxiety. They have not had shots since they were about 18months old. With the exception of Isabella getting the flu shot last year. But the visit started off well. Isabella is 40 3/4 inches and 31.5 lbs. Which is about 50% for height and 25-50% for weight. And Amelia was 29.5 lbs and 37 1/4 inches tall. So she FINALLY moved above 5th percentile for weight, but her height is still 5th%. She has been mentioning lately that she doesn't like being little. She says "why every time everybody says I'm little?" Of course I try to tell her that mommy was always little and it's ok to be little, but that does nothing for her. She still gets her feeling hurt. And I also notice that when we are out and about and people ask if they are twins...and I say "yes"..their first reaction is ALWAYS "oh, she is so much smaller than the other one". So, I guess this is the first of MANY more 'issues' we will have for being fraternal twins.
So what started out as this....
turned into this...
They both cried during the shots. But Isabella quickly got over it and was ready for her sonic slush. But poor little Amelia was DEVASTATED! She was very heart broken and had a hard time getting over it. We felt so bad having to do this to our little girls. They won't get vaccines again until they are 11...and it appears that it will take that long to get over it!
No comments:
Post a Comment