Wednesday, June 8, 2011

thought we would never get here

For some reason this swimming lesson has been emotional for me. I remember when the girls were infants, going to a playgroup and thinking, "my girls are never going to walk"....well, of course that milestone came right before they turned One....then for the past 4 years I have sitting in the pool with the girls thinking "they are never going to be able to just swim by themselves (unassisted)...well, today, almost 4 years to the day of when the girls learned to walk, we had our second swim lesson of the summer and what seemed like the impossible became a possible reality...my two little girls swimming!! We still have a ways to go before our Olympic swim...but I feel like we are one step safer in the world of water. I am so proud of my girls. Last week we went to a playgoup and Amelia REFUSED to put her face in the water and insisted on using a float to practice swimming. And today...a HUGE change!...wow..what 1 week will do. Isabella on the other hand REFUSED to put a float on in front of other the other kids. So she decided she was going to put her head underwater because she is so competitive! So she had a little head start on the swimming lesson, but I had taught her the wrong 'stroke/technique'...so she had to get the proper technique.




No comments: