and they are off!! to Kindergarten...no matter how hard I tried to fight it...they are growing up. Weird how the first year of their life d-r-a-g-g-e-d on and seemed like years...now, somehow I blinked and they are 5 and entering Kindergarten. They had a little anxiety about going to school 5 days a week....I had A LOT of anxiety about them going to school 5 days a week. It's not that I don't think they were ready...I was not ready! Not ready to let go of my babies and turn them over to some one else for 7 hours a day/5 days a week. Who will be influencing them? What if one makes friends and the other one doesn't? What if someone CHOOSES one over the other? Who will protect them from other kiddos? Kids are mean! Little girls are mean~ so now I have to send them off and out of my little bubble of innocence....this is so hard. I know this is part of life and this is what shapes them for the 'real world'...but I don't have to like it! So many things I have never thought of before...how emotional this would be. Not to mention a batch of what's best for multiples questions.....keep them together or separate them in the classroom...will they be too competitive...will one be 'smarter' than the other??? ... I am in awe of the out pour of opinions on the issue of keeping them in the same class. My personal belief is that they have a special bond that I want to cultivate forever...BUT I hope to be open to acknowledging if part of the bond means letting them go seperate ways in school. I just think how lucky they are to be able to look accross a classroom and see their best friend/sister..especially when things are not going well for one of them.
This is such a big adjustment for the girls...and for our family....there will be no more 'pick up and go' to where ever....apparently they 'require' attendance. This is the end of one part of their life and the beginning of another. I will continue to pray that they remain my sweet little girls and adjust well to all the new things coming their way.
Now mommy, on the other hand, has been staying busy running errands that I have put off and checking off things on my to do list. That was until today...after running some morning errands, I came home to write a cute little blog post about starting school...and I am now sobbing at the computer. I am sure this is one of those 'crazy mommy moments' that too shall pass....and resurface again along this journey.
On a happier note, the first day of school came and went and the girls had an AWESOME time! They really loved it. When I picked them up they were extremely tired and Isabella was alittle grouchy. They were facinated with the cafeteria, the playground and the car rider line. When we sat down for dinner I asked each girl what their favorite thing about school was to which Isabella replied "the arts and crafts time" and Amelia replied "I really like "E.P" mom, you know where you run around and play". So cute..she really meant P.E..which is a new word/concept for her. They are begging to ride the bus and eat from the cafeteria.
So I told them that we would take it 'one step at a time'. Today, Wednesday, I didn't pack their lunch...I will let them buy their food at school...it was mac n cheese day! They will 'earn' money here at home in order to buy ice cream on Fridays at school.
here are some pictures from their first day of school....
1 comment:
Hope
This blog made me cry! You are an awesome Mom! The girls are so blessed to have you. You have a lot of insight on what goes on in children's minds and how they react to life's situations. I think they have a bright future ahead because of all the work and love you have put into raising them.
Hang in there and God Bless!
Post a Comment