Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nana and Grandpa

This post doesn't contain any pictures, just a heartfelt thank you to my in-laws who drove to Houston to love on my children for 8 days! My anxiety level was through the roof about leaving my children and being an ocean away from them for 6 days. But the excitment from the girls about spending that much time with Nana and Grandpa helped ease my mind....alittle. But when I got home and the first thing out of the girls mouth was 'does this mean Nana and Grandpa have to go home? I don't want them to leave".....I knew that they were loved on and cared for beyond the imagination.
I am still hearing about how they took the girls to the Aquarium and gave them the 'full experience' complete with stuffed animals, rides and lunch there. And how Nana bought them cupcakes and let them eat dessert nightly, sometimes even 2 desserts. (but that's what Grandparents are for.. right??)
Since you (Mack and Melda) did such an excellent job raising Brad, I didn't doubt for one second that you could handle my girls.(although they can give you a run for your money at times). But I hope you know how much I appreciate you taking the opportunity to spend this time with my girls. It saddens me that we will not be near family while in Belgium, but they will carry this memory for a long time! The girls are looking forward to Skyping with you soon.
So thank you again for doing this for Brad and I. I was able to enjoy my trip and not worry about them.

Love you,
Hope and Brad

No comments: