However, the girls...AND BRAD, have been doing really well with helping me to keep it up and organized for showings.
Last week was spring break for the girls. So we, the girls and I headed to Louisiana for one last extended trip and even through in a family reunion with Grandma's sisters and their children and grandchildren. (Brad headed to Belgium/Portugal and Angola, Africa) I enjoyed seeing everyone but it really made me miss Momo Belle. (pictures will come soon from reunion) While in Lousiana, I was finally able to take Graham's senior pictures. I can't believe he is already preparing to graduate from High School....geez I must be getting old!
So after spending 6 days in LA, we headed back home and spent some time with friends. There are so many things in Houston that I have not taken advantage of and one of them is the Museum of Natural Science. So the girls and I met Kristi, Michael and Maria there on Friday morning. We had a great time! We experienced the Butterfly exhibit as well as the rest of the museum. I have a secret, I am scared of butterflies...they just fly right at you and around you..that creeps me out!
But that is not the only thing that creeps me out. On Monday morning as I am brushing Isabella's hair getting ready for school, I see a bug in her hair...I didn't think much of it as we play outside a ton so it would not be that crazy if a bug flew into our house. BUT....gasp....it was not a lone ranger...there were SEVERAL bugs....I immediately screamed "oh no...LICE"....I NEVER expected this. I don't know why it has not occurred to me that my girls could get lice. I was and am mortified. This used to be thought to be in the 'dirty kids' hair. How could she have gotten this?!!?! So, we already had a doctors appointment so we went to it and I talked to the dr. about it. He said it probably came from school and the eggs were just hatching. I cringe as I type this and thought about not writing about it as I am mortified, EMBARRASSED, grossed out, shameful..........
there is nothing I could have done to change this outcome, but it doesn't change my rollercoaster of emotions over the past 2 days. IT IS HORRIBLE! I have washed every blanket/comforter, towel, article of clothing etc and vaccummed anything that stood still...including Isabella's head...well, it was worth a shot...and today ended day 2 of this...8 hours of mayonaise in her hair followed by vinegar spray and rinse in her hair...sounds fun yet?? The girls have had to sleep in seperate rooms for the first time in their lives. Neither one really liked this experience. Especially Amelia...poor sweet girl is heart broken over sleeping alone. She told me tonight as I put her to bed in Lissie's room "Mom, I don't like sleeping without Bella. And I don't like going to school without her either. (Bella missed school again today and Amelia went)..I feel like I miss her all day and look around the classroom for her". So sweet!
So as I finish my beverage this evening, put the last batch of clothes to dry and convice myself to stop crying that it will get better, I pray that I have the strength to get up in the am and do it all over again. I am also ready for my husband to come home and very sad at the thought that it will be another week before he returns.....
thanks for letting me vent here.....and I am too tired to proofread....goodnight...

No comments:
Post a Comment