We were so greatful that our friends, the Wilshire's, graciously loved on our girlies so that Brad and I could spend 12 hours in Venice together. It was so nice to have the day with him. He 'let me' shop, stopped for me to photograph the beautiful areas and even let me pick the restaurants!! (well, minus the one we walked into for a slice of pizza as a snack, only to look around at the all asian staff...IN VENICE..) Usually with the kiddos, some of the 'my agenda' things get scratched from 'our agenda' due to chaos of traveling with kids.
So, back to the awesomeness of a day in Venice...such a unique city. No streets, I didn't see any bikes or motorcycles...just water taxis, boats gondolas and ally ways. And people...LOTS of people.
We started our day climbing the St. Mark's Campanile... a 323 ft. that was originally built in the 9th century as a watch tower or lighthouse for the dock. It was damaged by fire and over time it eventually fell and was not rebuilt until 1912. It had amazing views of the island!
then we were off to explore the ally ways and water ways....
and one way to do so was a gondola ride!
there was lots of yummy wine, Bellinis, gelato, and pasta that made it's way into our journey that day...I mean..if your in Venice..you HAVE to have these things right??
the next adventure begins tomorrow...so I must go and pack...Ciao!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)





.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment