Saturday, March 29, 2014

Student Led Conferences

This week the school hosted the student led conferences where each student puts together their own portfolio of their work to show to the parents. The teacher is not involved in the conference on the day of the conference…just you and the student! I think it's so great to see the girls go though their work from the start of the school year and explain it to us. They also showed us some powerpoint presentations they made during the year. After reviewing the portfolio, the students take you throughout the classroom to demonstrate some of the classroom activities.
Now..mom of the year moment…. On the way out the door I picked up our little point and shoot so I could document the day..brownie points for mom right?? Except as we did Isabella's conference first I FORGOT to take out the aforementioned camera…it wasn't until Amelia's teacher pulled out his camera during her conference that I remembered that I had brought one of my own… so I had to turn in my brownie points ;o(    Sorry Bella...

But I did manage to get a few shots with Bella working with Amelia during her conference….(ps..she is rearranging the compass as she was aware that the E was not in the correct space…)




oh…and since I had never used this point and shoot…I didn't realize the date stamp was turned on…arg….opps..

No comments: