Whether or not these two ever play at Carnegie Hall or another school concert I am absolutely thrilled with what they have already accomplished in music. I have never taken a music lesson unless you count the Chorus class I took in college…but that was hardly 'real' music lesson. I taught myself a few notes on a piano..but I"m talking 'row row your boat'. So when I saw my two girls start with ZERO knowledge of an instrument and 10 months later play 2 beautiful songs at a concert, my heart melted and I teared up! We don't get to practice as much as we should, so the girls were very nervous to play. And if you know anything about the violin, you know that it is a VERY difficult and very slow instrument to learn, so I am proud of my Amelia for pushing through and sticking with it. I hope they will continue to play/learn, but if not I LOVED this moment!


No comments:
Post a Comment