But the girls had such a great experience watching the play come together. They were members of the children's chorus in the play, but they got to watch the older kiddos develop their role. And the teenagers were so kind to the 'littles" in the play. Anyways, it came to a conclusion at the end of November when they performed 3 different shows in one weekend…whew…they were exhausted! It was a fantastic show!
busy busy busy…from Joseph..we moved right on to the school Christmas Concert…where one of my friends coordinated a performance for her son and my girls…he would play Swan Lake song on the piano, and my girls would perform a ballet. Well…I don't know any ballet choreography but I can make the costumes…OH..and I do know a sweet lady who is a former professional ballet dancer ...so we invited 2 other friends to join the girls in the ballet portion and met with the ballet dancer and voila…a dance came to life!..sorta. We didn't really have a ton of time to learn the dance. But a few afternoon meetings, add in some early morning before school practices and the swans were ready!..as ready as they were going to be!
The did an awesome job! They were so cute and I was so proud!
but it didn't end at Swan Lake..the girls also performed with their class in the Silent Night play and Nativity ….my little mouse and my star/snowflake..
(here is where I let you know…one of the swans was throwing up the morning before the performance…one was running fever the morning of, and when I went to dress Bella for the show she was crying as her throat hurt her so bad she couldn't speak. Her eyes were glassy and she was pale. Poor little Amelia was the only healthy swan!)
and now..back to the show…
oh..did I mention that the night before this performance was Amelia's ballet performance..
and this my friends is why we don't have any Christmas card to send out…I'm hopeful that perhaps some New Years cards??




.jpg)










No comments:
Post a Comment