Sunday, September 22, 2019

Let’s pretend

Let’s pretend that it hasn’t been so long since I have blogged. I was going to just give it up.. then I thought, why not keep going even if it’s not consistent! So here we are, 2 teenagers in the house who just started their 8th grade year! It’s been a bumpy start as it’s a big change with more homework and harder curriculum.... I mean Algebra in 8th grade .. yuck!
We ended our summer with a cruise with our long time friends, the Hyden Family! I barely saw the girls on this trip as they were being teenagers somewhere while I was adulting.. which means napping , eating and hanging out at the pool!
A little about each kiddo.
Amelia:
She is still the sweet silly girl  that she has always been. She has entered her 8th year of dancing. She is doing ballet, point , theater dance, contemporary and drill team prep!  She is 4’9 1/2 and weighs about 75 lbs (depending on what she ate that day ;0)
. If she could she would quit school and have her own baking/cooking show!  She has her eyes set on going to college to study Occupational Therapy!

Isabella:
She loves hard and works hard! She is a natural care taker and leader! Academics come easy at this point. She started cheer last year on a competitive prep cheer team. This is probably the least comfortable part of her life as this puts her in a spotlight requiring her to ‘shimmy and smile’.  And to top it off, she is a flyer! Last year was a big challenge for her as she navigated this new to her sport but she worked hard and started this cheer season a new girl! Confident and outgoing!
She is 5’ tall and weighs about 82 lbs.  She loved her Engineering class last year and this year she is taking Manufacturing class and her college goal is Architecture school!

So here are some pictures of the last year of the Myers family adventures!


Start of 7th Grade and the cruise of 2018!







Then Summer camp @ Niwana 2019





Santa Fe Ski trip March 2019








Theater in Houston


                                                                 Cheer 2018-19












                                             Classmates after Awards Night at School


Birthday Party at an Escape room





                                                                 4th of July

                                                                 
                                                           Ballet Recital 2019








Bella’s Mock UN competition  



                                              A quick visit from Nanny April and Max



Brad and I took a trip to Chicago while
Girls were at camp


                                                            Easter 2019





No idea why those pictures came out in the mixed up order..

And finally some summer fun..































And the official back to school pic! 
8th Grade!!





No comments: