Saturday, September 18, 2010

that's what she said...

A few months ago Isabella lost her favorite baby doll. We are not sure if it stayed behind at the Marriott Waterway (and I don't blame her), or is hiding somewhere in our house. But Isabella saw a picture of herself holding the doll the other night and showed it to Amelia saying "Amelia, this was my baby. Her name is Aubrey. She died and now I miss her." I was heart broken to hear these words come out of her mouth. Occassionaly she has mentioned the doll and said things like "I remember what she was wearing mom. We need to find her". But I guess she had given up.
So I searched the internet for this doll...nothing. Sold out everywhere I checked. So the next morning I dropped the girls at school and set off to find another Aubrey. I called a doll shop in Old Town Spring and sure enough they had an Aubrey. So my friend Amy and I set out to get her...oh and do some shopping in the area ...since we were already there :o)
After school I didn't tell Isabella that I found another doll. When we got home she climbed into the back of the van while we were pulling in the driveway and found her. She immediately screamed "Aubrey! You bought a new one. Thank you mommy! I missed her!". Even Amelia was so excited to see the doll. The reunion was priceless!!

On another note, I wanted to share some other things Isabella says:
She kept talking about buying Nanny April a 'fly swatter". I questioned why she would like to buy Nanny a "fly swatter" and she told me that April said that she likes 'fly swatters'. So I just thought perhaps April had used a fly swatter at the camp a few weekends ago and I dropped the conversation. Well, yesterday we were about to sit for lunch and Isabella asked if she could have a 'fly swatter'. I said "what are you talking about?" She said, "you know, like Nanny likes". So I questioned alittle more and she said, "the stuff we have in the refrigerator..'fly swatter'. OH.....you mean "Life Water". (April's favorite drink).

and finally,
we watched Toy Story last night for the 100th time and Isabella was telling me a story about what "Bud Lite Year" did in the movie. Umm...Bud Lite Year???

No comments: