Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nana and Grandpa in Belgium!!

Needless to say, the countdown has been on for quite a while for Grandpa and Nana's arrival...every day the girls would ask...'how many more days until they arrive'. So when October 15th came around..they..and Brad and I..were very excited!!
We had 7 days FILLED with non stop action! We started our journey picking them up in Amsterdam, took them back to Belgium and hit the ground running as we took the train into Brussels to check out the Grand Place and have some frites and waffles!!










On Tuesday the girls went to school, I went to the Dr. for a yucky sinus infection and Brad and his parents went to Brugge! I don't have pictures of this but I know that Brad introduced them to Moule..ie mussels as that is THE thing to eat here. Unfortunately, the Moule was not a hit with them so that was the only moule to be had during their trip. (i have never had them and I am not sure I will)

Then on Wednesday we let the girls to go school for a half a day then headed the family wagon and headed to PARIS!! Lets just say that driving in Paris is not for the weak/nervous driver. It takes SKILLS to navigate around this town. Luckily we had Brad to handle that for us! When we finally made it to our hotel...we had just enough time to put our bags down and call a taxi and head to the Eiffel Tower. We really lucked out on the weather as the rain stopped just in time for our tour. But unfortunately the yucky weather was a little too much for Isabella who was also suffering from a sinus infection. But she handled it like a champ. At 8pm we entered the lift to the top of the Eiffel Tower! The higher up we got, the colder and windier it was. But it was really amazing to see Paris, the City of Lights, all lit up.



view from 2nd level of tower

view from Top




more posts coming later on the rest of the fantastic time we had!!

No comments: