Thursday, September 12, 2013

to my daughters...

This should be a sweet letter to my daughters as you are the sweetest girls on the planet. But girlies, there is something I need to tell you. I am like a mother hen..I want to sit with you all day long and we just snuggle all day. But I can't. Society tells me that I need to send you off to school and out on playdates and after school activities. But I need to tell you that I am always preaching to you about kindness, love and caring because you will and have encountered people who don't show you this behavior....sometimes I am not the best example to you when I yell at you for not cleaning or for arguing with your sister. But I love you to the moon and back!  I need to talk to you and tell you that I am sorry I can't protect you from everyone.  Like the girls who say they are your friends and then treat you poorly. The girls who are mean to you and bully you. It hurts my heart every time you come home from school and tell me how these girls tell you that you are not good enough to hang out with them. I don't know how to teach you kindness and then send you out into the world with mean girls. I knew this would happen but I didn't think it would start so early in life.  I pray that your heart remains full of love and kindness and you don't let others influence 'meanness' in you and let it take over your innocent hearts. I wish mothering came with a book...I promise I would read it because I have no idea how to do it well. I wonder how my mom did it. Where do I step in, and when do I just let you figure it out for yourself. It's so hard to know.
I am guessing that by now you are over being sad about girls being mean to you yesterday Amelia, but I am not...because when you said 'I wish Bella was in my class so she could have helped me'...it broke my heart and sends me into MAD MOMMA HEN MODE!

My hope is that you learn how to navigate the world leaning towards those that treat you the way you deserve to be treated...with love and respect! I hope that you learn from others...both good and bad. Remember the saying "treat other's like you would want them to treat you". and before you speak...THINK

T= is it true
H= is it helpful
I = is it inspiring
N= is it necessary
K= is it kind

My sweet girls, may you always remember that God has big plans for you and mommy and daddy love you more than anything in the world!

p.s. mommy is just having a hard day today...I promise to have happier posts for you...


No comments: